Monday, 25 October 2010

P5 Trip to Mosque


P5 all really enjoyed our trip to the Glasgow Central Mosque on Wednesday 20th October.  We were given a guided tour amd saw the wuzu ( washrooms), stunning main prayer hall with the ornate 'Minbar' chair and ladies' prayer hall with its unusual carpet.
Mums and Dads - do you know why the carpet in the main prayer hall is green with horizontal white lines on it ? Ask your son and daughter and they will tell you why !
Also, why are there 6 clocks in the entrance hall ? I'm sure your child will be able to give you the answer! 














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a FABULOUS time at the Mosque. It was really interesting seeing all the different rooms and we learnt an awful lot of facts!

Anonymous said...

lol it is really funny that the four are together!!!!!!!!!!!!

MysteryPersonFromP5R14 said...

No pictures of me.What am I a monster??? A from p5 R14

inika said...

I learnt a lot about Muslims in the Mosque.There where so many beutiful sights like the dome and plates with writing on them.I had lots and lots of fun!!!!!